Total Time: 45mins
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water (70-80 F)
- 1 large egg
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (for dinner rolls only) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shortening (for dinner rolls only) (optional)
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients from flour through yeast in order as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the basic bread setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing, if needed add 1-2T of water or flour.
- Bake as normal.
- For dinner rolls.
- Mix in bread machine but use only the dough option.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan (I always use a metal pan).
- When dough is finished shape into 15 uniformly sized balls. I always grease my hands with shortening to smooth the dough out and it helps keep the dough from drying out.
- Cover and let the rolls rise in a warm, draft free place until risen to the desired size.
- I let them about double in size.
- Bake in a 350° oven about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- Take out of pan and let completely cool before storing.