There are several different versions of this recipe. However, I’ve done a little tweaking and have come up with what my family thinks is the perfect “Christmas Crack” recipe. I can’t believe how simple this recipe is, even if you aren’t an experienced cook you can still whip up a batch that your family and friends will love.
2 sticks of butter
1 cup light or dark brown sugar (I used light)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
nuts, sprinkles, or M&M’s (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Cover cookie sheet with one layer of saltine crackers.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring continuously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add one teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture over crackers, then bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour a bag of milk chocolate chips on top of crackers.
- Allow to soften for a minute or two, then spread chocolate evenly on top of crackers.
- Cool, then break up into bite size pieces.