One of my favorite recipes! If you love chicken and mushrooms as much as I do, you must try this Chicken with Mushrooms and Mozzarella cheese recipe!
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thin-sliced)
4 cups of sliced mushrooms (or more!)
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (10 ¾ oz cans)
3/4 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of Italian flavored bread crumbs
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons of butter
3 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of dry basil
1 teaspoon of dry rosemary
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add minced garlic and mushrooms to pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cook until mushrooms are soft and cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove mushrooms from heat and evenly spread inside a large, deep baking pan.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Mix eggs with garlic powder, dry basil, and dry rosemary in a small bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat both sides entirely with bread crumbs. Place chicken in pan, and cook chicken until golden brown on both sides, approximately 3-4 minutes per side. (Tip: make sure chicken is dry before dipping in egg mixture to ensure breading stays on while cooking!
- When finished cooking, place chicken over mushrooms in baking pan
- Mix cream of mushroom soup with chicken broth in separate bowl, and then pour over chicken. Then, evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over chicken. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and then serve this delicious Chicken with Mushrooms and Mozzarella recipe!