Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 18 mins
2 tsp olive oil
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 lb boneless skinless boneless, skinless chicken breast, (four 4 oz pieces)
1 tsp dried thyme
1⁄2 tsp table salt, (more or less to taste)
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
1⁄2 cup marsala wine
1 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
1 1⁄2 tbsp corn starch
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and releasing liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Place chicken in center of skillet and sauté until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add wine to skillet; simmer 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth in a small bowl; add to skillet. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly and incorporating mushrooms into the liquid, about 1 minute. Serve chicken with mushroom sauce spooned over top.
- Yields about 3 ounces of chicken and 1/3 cup of sauce per serving.
- Per serving: 7 SmartPoints; 4 PointsPlus; 6 POINTS (old)