Easy, peasy and delicious! The mushrooms add an amazing flavor to this chicken, and with some cheese and onions on top, it’s perfect! Go ahead and make this, you will love it!
8 oz package of sliced fresh mushrooms.
2 tbsps of melted butter.
6 skinned and boned chicken breasts.
½ cup of all purpose flour.
⅓ cup of butter.
½ cup of chicken broth.
½ tsp of salt.
⅛ tsp of pepper.
½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
½ cup of parmesan cheese.
2 chopped green onions.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 tbsps of butter over medium high heat and sauté the mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise and place them between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ⅛ inch thickness.
- Coat the chicken in the flour and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side in 1 or 2 tbsps of butter over medium heat in a nonstick large skillet. Remove the chicken from the skillet and leave the drippings in the skillet.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms over the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth and boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together the cheeses and onions and sprinkle over the chicken.
- In a preheated oven to 450°, bake the chicken for 12 to 14 minutes.