This chicken lasagna recipe is one of our favorite comfort foods. Tender chicken is layered with veggies, cheese, and lasagna noodles in a rich creamy alfredo inspired sauce. Serve it alongside a
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings 15 servings
- 12 lasagna noodles cooked and cooled
- 4 cups cooked chicken
- 3 cups vegetables cooked and cooled
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups mozzarella divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese divided
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- To make the sauce, melt butter, onion and garlic over medium low heat. Cook until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
heat to low. Combine milk and broth. Add a small amount at a time
whisking to thicken. The mixture will become very thick, continue adding
a little bit of liquid at a time whisking until smooth.
Once all of the liquid has been added, stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat and add in 1/3 cup parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, parsley and spinach. Set aside.
- In a 9×13 pan, layer 4 noodles, sauce, cooked vegetables and half of the chicken. Sprinkle with 1/2 mozza, 1/4 cup parmesan and 1/3 of the sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles, chicken, cottage cheese mixture, sauce. Top with noodles and sauce. Cover and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover, top with cheese and bake 20-30 minutes more.