This loaf-less meatloaf is a twist on the American dinner staple, prepared in a muffin pan. Each mini meatloaf is juicy, cheesy, and delicious. I paired this recipe with steamed mixed vegetables to round out the meal.
Servings: 12 “muffin-sized” meatloaves.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup white onions, chopped
12 finely crushed saltines
1 1/2 cups finely shredded Mexican style taco cheese blend
1 cup salsa
Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pan(s) by spraying with cooking spray.
- Mix first four ingredients with just 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 cup salsa. Add salt and pepper. Press evenly into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Use back of spoon to make indentation in center of each.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until meatloaves are done (160 degrees if you have a food thermometer).
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese; bake 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Use lean ground beef to save calories and reduce fat. Lowfat and low sodium cheeses are also available.