- Prep Time5 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 5 mins
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/4 lbs)
- 1 (10-ounce) package yellow rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and lightly spray a 13×9-inhch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken breast in the dish and pour the rice mix around them. Pour the water over the rice. Season the chicken with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Tightly wrap the baking dish with foil and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the chicken juices run clear (about 165°F when tested with a meat thermometer).
- Remove from the oven and remove the foil. Top with the cheese and return to the warm oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
Actual cook times may vary based on the size of your chicken breasts.