40 minutes to prepare
24 oz. velveeta, cubed
1 pound kielbasa, sliced into rounds
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups half-and-half
3/4 cup beer
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and sauté kielbasa, onion and celery.
- Season with salt and pepper, paprika and garlic powder, and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until veggies are softened and kielbasa is browned.
- Add potatoes and pour in chicken broth, then bring mixture to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and let simmer for another 10, or until potatoes are cooked.
- Optional: lightly mash potatoes with a masher.
- Stir in half-and-half, velveeta cheese and beer, then season again as needed.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and smooth and potatoes are cooked.
Ladle into bowls and enjoy!