This Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup is a fiesta of flavors full of chunks of chicken, black beans, corn and diced tomatoes, for a complete satisfying and comforting bowl of soup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 10 oz enchilada sauce (1 can)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 14 oz diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels drained
- 2 cups chicken breasts cooked, from
- 1 roast chicken, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot, over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the enchilada sauce and cream cheese. Break down the cream cheese with a wooden spoon and cook until the cheese has completely melted.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, frozen corn and stir.
- Add the chopped chicken breast and chicken broth. Stir and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until the soup is really hot. You don’t really want to boil this soup for too long because the cream cheese could curdle. If you find the soup is too thick, add a bit more chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions and mozzarella cheese before serving.
- I used a 3.5 quart Dutch Oven.
- Can I freeze this: Yes, wait for the soup to cool down first. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.