Cook Time: 50 mins
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups cauliflower florets
1-1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded and divided; 1 cup for sauce, 1/2 cup for topping
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (more or less, to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch by 11-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a sauce pot over medium heat. Sprinkle with flour and garlic powder and stir to coat. Pour in milk and heat until thickened, stirring often to avoid lumps.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk until sauce is smooth.
- Place broccoli and cauliflower in baking dish and cover with cheese sauce. Stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheddar cheese and cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are soft and cheese is bubbly. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes or until top is browned.