Cheesecake Brownies – amazing chocolate dessert!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅔cup all-purpose flour
Instructions To make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a 8×8 inch pan and line with baking paper
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly
- In a medium bowl whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar, then add melted chocolate mixture and mix until it’s evenly combine, then gradually add dry ingredients.
To make cheesecake layer:
- Melt white chocolate chips in a medium microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each, in the microwave
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg and beat until smooth and stir in melt white chocolate chips until well combined
- Pour half of the batter into the 8×8 inch pan. Dollop spoonful of the cheesecake mixture on top, and spread it out into a thin layer with a spatula. Top with remaining brownie batter
- Take a knife and swirl the top, all the way through the batter the opposite direction of the trenches.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes, or until top is crinkled and center is cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares