Cheeseburger pasta is exactly what it sounds like. You’ve got everything that can go inside a buger; hamburger patty, ketchup, mustard, cheese, tomatoes, etc. Imagine that all mixed with some pasta instead.
Cheeseburger pasta is exactly what it sounds like. Everything that goes on top of burger, but inside some pasta instead.
- Yield: 8
- Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef 95% FF
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes or sub 1 28 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Fat free)
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Spray a large stockpot or Dutch oven with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, ketchup, mustard, pasta and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato and green onions, if desired.
If you don’t want to use olive oil to cook the onions, use cooking spray.
Smart Points: 10
Makes 8 servings (1 1/2 cups)