This beautiful bowl of fried rice may LOOK like rice, but it’s NOT! Give this low calorie, low carb Cauliflower Fried Rice a try. Tastes just like fried rice!
- 3 cups of grated raw cauliflower, use a cheese grater or food processor
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, or 4 egg whites, scrambled
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large pan, saute garlic and onions in olive oil on a medium/high heat, until onions become soft and transparent. (about 2-3 minutes).
- Next add in peas, and carrots and cook until carrots begin to soften and peas are heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next stir in scrambled eggs , cauliflower and soy sauce. Cook stirring frequently for about 5-7 more minutes.
- Enjoy adding in your favorite protein and veg. Possible add-ins: baby corn, broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, water chestnuts, chicken, tofu, and shrimp!