Caramel Brownies are a rich,
Yield: 16-15 brownies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 36 caramel kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt the butter, whisk in the cocoa until there are no more lumps.
- Pour the butter and cocoa mixture into a large bowl. Add in the sugar and mix using an electric mixer until well combined. It will be grainy.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla thoroughly.
- Add the Flour and salt to the bowl and combine. The batter will be very thick.
- Divide the batter in half, spread one half into the bottom of the lined 8×8 pan.
- Arrange the kisses on top of the spread batter, pressing the kisses down into the batter a little bit.
- Place the remaining batter on top of the kisses by the spoonful. Spread and work until the the batter is just about covering all of the kisses.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.