2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 cups shredded green cabbage ( about 1 normal-sized head)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
3 -4 garlic cloves, minced ( I use 4)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
fresh ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; add cabbage, garlic and brown sugar to pan.
- Sauté until the cabbage is limp, about 5 minutes or so.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in vinegar.
- Cook, stirring very often, for approximately 20 minutes; taste and if cabbage is too crunchy for you, continue to cook
- for a few more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.