Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3+ hours
Servings: 2 dozen
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups pecans, roughly chopped, toasted
sea salt, optional
- Place pecans in a pan or skillet over medium heat and toast on the stove, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes, or until fragrant, but not burned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat butter for 1-2 minutes, or until creamy and fluffy. Add in both white and brown sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes, or until lightened in color.
- One at a time, beat in eggs, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next, then mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, making sure to not overmix, then fold in toasted pecans.
- Wrap cookie dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or for up to 3 days. Remove from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a spoon or small scooper to scoop 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls. Place on cookie sheet(s) and repeat with remaining dough. Sprinkle tops of dough with flaky sea salt, if using.
- Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 11-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, centers will be soft, and let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks.