Prep Time: 5 mins
cook time: 20 mins
Total Time: 2 mins
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, uncooked (preferrably the large variety)
- 24 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces buffalo wing sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Cook the macaroni in a pot of boiling salted water.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk the milk and flour together in a bowl, then pour into a saucepan, bringing it to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in chicken, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, buffalo sauce and hot sauce (if you’re using it). Cook until the cheese melts.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and stir in the cheese mixture and the celery.