45 minutes to prepare
1 (32 oz.) low-sodium chicken broth
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 cup heavy cream
1 ( 8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
3 ribs celery, finely chopped, divided
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup buffalo-style hot sauce (we used Frank’s Red Hot)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon tomato paste
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
crumbled bleu cheese, garnish
- Whisk hot sauce into softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Set aside until ready to use.
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium-high heat and sauté 2 ribs celery, potatoes and onion until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring until it mixes in with the vegetables, 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and stir in hot sauce cream cheese mixture, mixing until smooth and combined.
- Add chicken to soup and stir in heavy cream. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Cook on low for another 5 minutes, or until heated through, then ladle into serving bowls.
- Serve hot with crumbled bleu cheese and celery. Enjoy!