3-5 slices whole grain bread (enough to fill your muffin tins almost to the top) I used Nature’s Harvest® Butter Top Made with Whole Grain White Bread
1/4-1/2 cup bacon pieces (or meat of choice; I used this)
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
1/2 teaspoon sage (optional)
1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Tear or cut bread into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4ths full.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces over bread, top with cheese.
- In a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk and spices. Carefully pour into muffin tins, dividing equally. (I just eyeballed this!)
- Bake for 15-20 mins, or until eggs are set and cooked through.