Bombay Carrot Salad with cashews and raisins, tossed in a flavorful Indian dressing. Healthy and vegan this carrot salad recipe is so EASY to make, and can be made-ahead.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4-5 cups
- 10–12 ounces carrots, grated or matchstick ( about 4- 5 cups, feel free to use store-bought matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon lime or orange zest (or some of both)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced ( use a garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely minced ( or use ginger paste)
- ⅓ cup raisins ( golden or regular)
- ½ cup toasted cashews ( or slivered almonds)
- 3 scallions
- ½ cup cilantro or italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or sub apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave or alternative sweetener
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric ( or use 1–2 teaspoons fresh grated)
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne ( optional, and/ or more to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Taste. Adjust salt, acid and sweetness to taste.
- This will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.