This deceptively simple dessert requires little preparation and delivers big flavor, with just blueberries, cake mix, sugar and butter.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins to 1 hour
4 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup (6 ounces or 1 1/2 sticks) butter
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump blueberries and sugar into 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Stir together.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the fruit. Slice butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (until cake is lightly golden brown and no batter comes out after a toothpick test).
Tips & Notes
• Fresh blueberries will work for this recipe; however, add a bit more sugar because fresh blueberries aren’t always very sweet. You can also try this recipe with fresh or frozen blackberries, strawberries or raspberries – or all three