Servings: 8 (with the Grands Biscuits)
12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
1 lb sausage, any flavor
1 cup cheese, shredded
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through. (read tips above)
- Serve warm (leftovers are excellent too!)