1 lb ground sausage
3 tbsp. butter
4 tbsp. flour
3 cups milk
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups flour
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
- In a large oven safe skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon and put cooked sausage into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the 2 cups flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly pour in the 3 cups milk and combine using a fork. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet the sausage was cooked in, melt the butter.
- Add in the 4 tbsp. flour and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes. This creates your roux.
- Pour in your 1 cup milk and whisk to combine. Allow to simmer for about 4-5 minutes, so gravy thickens a bit.
- Stir in the sausage and ground black pepper.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop dough into balls and place around the top of the sausage gravy.
- Place skillet onto a cookie sheet and into a preheated oven, 450, for about 11-12 minutes.
- Once biscuits are slightly golden brown and cooked through, remove skillet from oven and serve!!