5 bone in chicken thighs (you can use 3 breast or a combo of white and dark meat)
16 oz. can flaky buttered biscuits
6 oz. frozen peas and carrots, thawed
1 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 1/2 C. chicken broth (I used the water the chicken cooked in)
2, 10.5 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk (using the empty soup can to measure)
2 T. butter, melted
1 tsp. my house seasoning (equal parts garlic powder, onion powder and pepper…combine and store in an airtight container)
- Place the chicken in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to med. high and cook for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate to cook, then debone and shred the chicken, set aside. Lightly spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Take each biscuit and cut it into quarters and place the pieces in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top the biscuits with the shredded chicken then add the peas and carrots on top of the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Whisk together the broth, soup, milk, butter and house seasoning. Pour this mixture over the top of the cheese and place, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.