To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
1 1/3 C flour
2 T cayene pepper
2 T black pepper, coarse ground
1/3 C (plus a little) Chili powder
2 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp salt, sea prefered for its fine grain *each of these measurements is approximate — I tend to cook by eye, but this time tried to measure while eyeing the amount
1 large bottle of Frank’s Hot Sauce
1 stick of butter
How to make it :
- Combine dray ingredients in gallon Ziploc bag.
- Place 12 wing portions in the bag, close and shake until all portions are completely covered in the spice mixture.
- Using a sieve, shake off the excess flour-spice. I generally put 3 or 4 in the sieve at a time and shake until only a thin layer is left.
- By the way, I usually put a paper towel in the sink and sieve over it. When I’m done most of the flour-spice is contained on the paper towel and goes easily into the bag with the leftover flour and into the trash.
- Place wings on a standard plate and refrigerate for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Toward the end of the 30 minutes, pour about 1 1/2 T vegetable oil onto a standard cookie sheet (jelly roll pan, technically).
- Spread oil all over pan by brush or just by moving the pan back and forth.
- After the 30 minutes of refrigeration is finished, repeat flour-spice process for a second coating. Shake off excess and place side by side on the oil-prepared pan.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flip the wings over once on the pan to coat both sides with oil.
- Place in the 375 degree oven and set timer for 60 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, remove briefly from the oven and turn each portion over to crisp and cook on the reverse side.
- Combine 1 bottle of Frank’s RedHot sauce and 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan. Warm until butter melts.
- After 60 minutes (total) has passed, remove chicken from the oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- During the 5 minute rest, prepare “serving dish” and “refuse dish.” Long ago, I began putting a paper towel inside a grocery/plastic bag and place it in a bread pan. Clean up is quick and easy!
- After 5 minute rest, place all wings in a metal or glass bowl. Pour sauce mixture over the wings.
- Place them in the serving dish. Grab a beer or margarita and ENJOY!
Please make sure to Like and share this Recipe with your friends on Facebook