Mongolian beef is a fast and easy 15-minute stir-fry with tender beef slices and a bold sticky sauce with a hint of spiciness.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
1 pound flank steak sliced into 1/4 inch thick strips
5 cloves garlic minced
1 jalapeño seeded and diced
1 inch ginger peeled and diced
3 scallions thinly sliced
2 tablespoons corn starch
1 tablespoon canola oil
For the sauce:
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons corn starch
- Toss the sliced beef in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons corn starch. Set aside.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a mixing bowl, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat for a few minutes until hot. Add canola oil to coat the bottom. Add jalapeño and ginger. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and sliced beef to the pan, evenly distributing the beef. Cook until the beef browns, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir the sauce and pour it into the pan with the beef. Mix well until everything is coated with the sticky sauce. Let simmer for a minute until thickened.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in scallions. Serve over cooked white rice.