Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 4+ hours
3-4 pounds pork shoulder
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (15 oz.) can peaches in heavy syrup, juices reserved
1 (18 oz.) bottle preferred barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Whisk together salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder in a small bowl, then rub mixture all over pork shoulder.
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, stir peaches and syrup together with barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and crushed garlic cloves.
- Pour mixture over pork shoulder, then cover slow cooker and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 8-10, or until pork is tender and easily shreddable.
- Use two forks to shred pork, then stir everything into peach BBQ sauce until completely coated.