This slow cooker barbacoa beef recipe is so easy to make and is the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas and more!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 10 minutes
- 4 lbs chuck roast or brisket cut into large cubes
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano use Mexican oregano if possible
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle pepper can
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Place the meat in a slow cooker. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, bay leaf, chipotle, adobo sauce and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.