French Toast Sticks are easy to make, no-fork-required, perfectly dunk-able sticks of soft, buttery, perfectly cinnamony bliss! Breakfast just got a whole lot more exciting with this baked French toast recipe! Prep Time15 minutes Cook Time30 minutes Total Time45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 slices Texas toast bread
- 2 Tbsp butter , melted, plus more for serving if desired
- Maple syrup , for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl whisk together sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl vigorously whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla and salt until very well blended. Cut each slice of bread into even three strips (you can layer a few slices to cut several at a time). D
- ip each portion (I usually dip 2 sticks at a time) into egg mixture then lift and let excess run off and transfer to prepared baking sheet (they will have to fit closely together but leave just a little space between them). Using a basting brush, brush tops of french toast sticks lightly with 1 Tbsp of the melted butter. Sprinkle tops evenly with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes. Remove from oven, flip french toast sticks to opposite side and brush tops lightly with remaining 1 Tbsp melted butter and sprinkle evenly with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. Return to oven and continue to bake until cooked through, about 13 – 18 minutes longer.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Brush lightly with a little more melted butter if desired and serve warm with maple syrup for dipping.