A healthier alternative to fried Buffalo Wings. One bite and you will fall in love with these Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings! Perfect for game days, parties etc.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks or strips (about ¾ lb. of chicken)
- ¼ Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I prefer Frank’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Combine the flour, panko breadcrumbs, paprika, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk the egg(s) and milk together in a small bowl.
- Place a piece of foil or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece into the egg mixture, then into the breading blend; then repeat the process so that each piece of chicken is double coated. (Tip: Use one hand to handle the egg mixture and the other hand for the breading to make it easier.) (Or to save time just dip once in the egg mixture then the breading blend.)
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and then spray a light coating of cooking spray over the chicken pieces. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and begins to lightly brown.
- Turn the heat up to broil and continue to cook the chicken for 1-2 more minutes or until the surface begins to become golden brown and crispy.
- As the chicken cooks, combine the Buffalo Wing Sauce, butter, and water in a microwave-safe dish. (Or in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.) Cover and microwave on high until the mixture begins to bubble, then remove, stir and keep covered to stay hot.
- When the chicken pieces are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a minute. Toss chicken and hot sauce mixture in a bowl until all pieces are coated. Serve immediately.
If you’drather fry these: Fry in 4-6 cups of vegetable oil heated to 375 degrees F. Once the chicken is breaded, chill for 15 minutes then fry for5-6 minutes then remove them and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Then toss with the buffalo sauce.
- To make ahead- Once the chicken is cooked through but before the 1-2 min. broil, take the chicken out of the oven. Let cool completely then freeze. When ready to bake, remove from freezer and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until warmed through. Toss with sauce and serve.