These Hash Brown Egg Cups are probably my favorite egg cups to date because they have a crust of hash browns and are filled with bacon, egg and avocados deliciousness. They have so much flavor packed into a muffin size breakfast bite. They’re also known as “egg nests” because well, it’s like egg in a hash brown nest.
Prep time : 10 mins
Cook time : 35 mins
Total Time : 45 mins
- 3½ cups hash browns, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ California Avocado, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour hash browns into a large bowl. If frozen, place in the microwave for a minute or two to partially thaw. Season with ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper, or to taste. Add olive oil one tablespoon at a time, stirring between, until the hash browns are just coated, not oily.
- Line each muffin cup with seasoned hash browns, pressing down to fit the bottom and sides of each cup, creating a crust.
- Place muffin tin in preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes. If the hash browns are mushy on the bottom, you can cook a few minutes longer or also place in the broiler for a few minutes to get golden brown.
- Lower oven temperature to 325ºF. Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl with salt & pepper to taste. Fold in cheese, California Avocado and bacon. Scoop egg mixture into each hash brown crust and place back in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then using a butter knife, scrape the outside rim of each egg cup and extract. Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers and warm up in the microwave for 45 seconds to serve. They’re also good room in temperature!