8 wheat or sesame hamburger buns
2 lbground sirloin or lean ground beef
1 1/2 Tbspmontreal steak seasoning blend
1 largeonion, yellow
1 Tbspyellow mustard
4 slicedill pickle, finely diced
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1-2 pinchcayenne pepper (optional)
american & swiss cheese slices
OPTIONAL BURGER ADDITIONS
1/3 pkgbacon bits
1 Tbspgarlic, minced
2-3 slicepickled jalapeno
- Combine ground sirloin and montreal steak seasoning in large bowl, fold lightly. Do not overwork meat.
- **optional additions 1 large clove garlic minced
3T bacon bits
- Fry burgers on stovetop or grill until they are light pink in the middle not quite fully cooked. they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Add sauce to top and bottom of burger buns, add a slice of american cheese on one side of bun and a slice of swiss cheese on the other side then place cooked sirloin burger on bun and top with a slice of onion & jalepeno (optional).
- Wrap each burger in foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Just to melt cheese & cook onion slightly.
- I serve these with a cold potato salad or pasta salad and veggies or chips.