1 750ml bottle of 190 proof Everclear – If you can’t get Everclear in your state, high proof vodka can work also.
About 1 cup of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum – Two cups tastes pretty good also… just saying.
1 Gallon Apple Cider
1 Quart Apple Juice
3 Cups of Brown Sugar
1 Cup of White Sugar
10 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Large Stock Pot
6 Mason Jars (Quart-sized)
- This recipe comes together very quickly. Simply combine the cinnamon sticks, apple cider, and apple juice in the large stock pot. Bring it all to a mild simmer and add in the sugars.
- Continue to stir slowly for about five to ten minutes until all the sugar is dissolved. At that point, turn the heat off and allow the apple cider mixture to cool down to room temperature.
- Allow it several hours to reach a lower temperature. If you add in the alcohol too soon, the higher temperature will evaporate some of the alcohol content.
- Once the mixture is at room temperature, stir in the 1/5 of Everclear and one to two cups of rum.
- At that point, you are ready to jar the apple pie moonshine in the mason jars. Don’t be afraid to put a cinnamon stick in the jars either.
- As the apple pie moonshine ages, the cinnamon and sugar blends out the alcohol taste to an almost undetectable level. Again…YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!