Amish Cinnamon Bread. Our goal: Make a quick version of this beloved “friendship bread” without losing any of its sweet flavor or knockout aroma.
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour,
- Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or
until toothpicktester come clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.