Total Time: 40 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 cup chicken broth (potentially more if sauce requires)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped (2 sprigs of fresh rosemary)
- Preheat the over to 350. In a food processor, process almonds for 1-2 minutes to a chunky bread crumb consistency. Set aside.
- Lightly pound chicken breast into 1/2″ – 1″ pieces. The easiest way to do this is to cover the chicken breast with saran wrap using the smooth side of a kitchen mallet.
- Dip chicken into a bowl containing the egg white, followed by dipping the chicken into the almond mixture. Coat each chicken breast with almond crumbs on each side. Place is a glass baking dish. Bake chicken for 30-35 minutes.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar, and balsamic in a food processor. Place strawberry mixture in a stove top pan and add chicken broth, cornstarch and rosemary. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Top tender chicken breasts with the strawberry balsamic sauce and garnish with extra fresh rosemary. Bon Appetit!