Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Shrimp (raw, peeled, deveined, with the
- 3 Bell Peppers any color combinations you like
- 1 small to medium red or yellow onion your preference or some of both!
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning your choice of brands – we prefer Louisiana or New Orleans Style
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika make
sure youget smoked!
- 2 Limes
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro optional
- 1-2 packages of flour tortillas I like using the small ones but any size will work
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If your raw shrimp is frozen, put it in a colander and run barely warm water over them until they are thawed – grey and flexible. (this only takes minutes!) Leave them to drain the excess water from the colander in the sink.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil and all of the dry spices. Mix together really well. Chop or slice your onion and peppers and add them, mixing to coat them evenly. Add your raw shrimp and mix them in well until all of the shrimp and veggies are evenly coated.
- Spread shrimp and vegetable mixture evenly into a single layer on a shallow, tinfoil lined, metal baking sheet. This might take two baking sheets.
- Wrap your flour tortillas in tin foil and put them on the extra oven rack. Bake the sheet pans full of shrimp and vegetables along with the foil packet of tortillas in preheated 450 degree oven for 8 minutes if you are using small shrimp. For medium to large size shrimp, bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze the juice from cut up fresh limes over the entire pan and sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro and a fine layer of additional smoked paprika.
- Serve with the warm tortillas and enjoy!