Garlic Beef Lo Mein – Tender beef cooked with colorful vegetables and delicious Lo Mein noodles with addictive garlicky sauce. This 20 minute one pan Lo Mein is a perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe and so much better than takeout. Plus recipe video! Course Main Course Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 15 minutes Total Time 20 minutes Servings 4 servings Calories 429 kcal Author TipBuzz
- 8 oz lo mein noodles or spaghetti
- 8 oz flank steak sliced 1/4″ thick against the grain
- 1 tbsp soy sauce light
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 medium carrot matchsticks
- 3 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce you can use regular light soy sauce or the mixture of 1 tbsp light soy sauce and 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. The refrigerated Lo Mein noodles don’t need to be boiled, and you can warm them up in hot water. If you use dry noodles, cook them in boiling water according to the instruction.
- Cut flank steak into thin strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch and 1 tbsp of soy sauce. Then add the beef strips to the mixture. Marinate for 5-10 minutes to tenderize the beef. You can skip this step if you are in a rush
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tbsp soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and ginger. For the best results, use 1 tbsp of light soy sauce and 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the beef strips and stir fry about 2 minutes until the beef is no longer pink.
- Then add the minced garlic, sliced carrots and broccoli. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add Lo Mein to the beef/vegetable mixture.
- Toss together with the lo mein sauce and drizzle with the Asian sesame oil. Serve and enjoy!